Background in Faculty Development
- Dee is currently working as a consultant in higher education (www.finkconsulting.info).
- Previously he was the founding director of the Instructional Development Program at the University of Oklahoma (1979-2005).
- Dee has been active in the POD Network [Professional and Organizational Development] in Higher Education, the largest faculty development organization in the United States. He…
- served on the Core Committee (1999-2002),
- directed the workshop at the annual conference for new faculty developers, called “Getting Started”, (1992-2002), and
- was President of POD (2004-2005).
- While serving as director of the Instructional Development Program, he led workshops for faculty at the University of Oklahoma on numerous topics related to college teaching.
- In the last several years, he has led numerous workshops at conferences and campuses in the US, Canada, Mexico, the Middle East, and Asia, primarily on:
- Integrated course design
- What campus leaders can do to promote better teaching and learning across campus
- Team-based learning.
Other General Information
- He has received two awards for teaching:
- The University of Oklahoma recipient of the national teaching award presented by the American Association of Higher Education (AAHE), the Jaime Escalante "Stand and Deliver" Award, April, 1989.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, College of Liberal Studies, University of Oklahoma, 1992.
- His most recent major publication is: Creating Significant Learning Experiences for College Classrooms: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses, Updated Edition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass: 2013.