Annual National Workshop – May 20-22, 2011 – Minneapolis, MN
This coming spring, Dee Fink & Associates will again offer our two-and-a-half day workshop on Integrated Course Design on May 20-22, 2011. This year it will be held in Minneapolis, MN. Many campuses have been requesting this workshop nationally and internationally. This workshop will give college teachers from any campus the opportunity to learn about these ideas, apply them to one of their own courses, and receive feedback on their new course design. To learn more follow this link.
Starting in 2011, the Associates can lead workshops for your faculty on course design with the possibility of two different foci. The first is a general workshop on course design; the other is focused specifically on designing online or hybrid courses.
A. GENERAL WORKSHOP on “Designing Courses for Significant Learning”
The consultants in Dee Fink & Associates have been offering this workshop for several years, and can do for different time lengths: half-day, whole day, and two days.
The most common length is the half-day workshop. In this workshop, we can help workshop participants…
- See the significance of course design within the array of tasks involved in teaching,
- Identify their own “Dreams” for student learning,
- Introduce the overall model of Integrated Course Design,
- Work on understanding and taking the initial steps toward applying the key components, and
- See what happens when these ideas are used effectively, by examining some actual case studies.
In the whole day workshop, the participants are able to do all the above and…
- Do more application activities with the key components, and
- Work in small groups to design a hypothetical course, and then compare their various designs.
In the two-day workshop, participants are able to do all the above and…
- Apply these ideas to one of their own courses.
- We can also answer questions that commonly arise when they get into the actual process of using these ideas.
B. SPECIFIC WORKSHOP on “DESIGNING ONLINE OR HYBRID COURSES”
This two-day workshop in intended for people who will be designing online or hybrid courses. It includes training on the ideas and procedures associated with Integrated Course Design, and then goes on to address several issues connected to online instruction, e.g., determining navigational strategies, ensuring Access and Compliance, using media and technology, etc.
To see a fuller description of this workshop, click on this link: Designing Online & Hybrid Courses: 2 Resources
NOTE: A college or university can also arrange for a one-day version of this campus workshop, followed by participants enrolling in our related online course that takes them more thoroughly through this process.
For more information about either of these workshops, contact Dee Fink, the head of Dee Fink & Associates:
Phone: 405-364-6464 (in the USA)
RECENT WORKSHOPS LED BY ASSOCIATES:
Aug. 30, 2010. North Central Michigan College (Petoskey, MI).
- Contact person: Christine Hammond, Dean of Instruction & Student Success
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 231.348.6660
Aug. 12 and Sept. 25, 2010. Utah Valley University (Orem, UT).
- Contact person: Anton Tolman, Professor of Psychology; Director, Faculty Center for Teaching Excellence
- Email: Anton.Tolman@uvu.edu
- Phone: 801.863.6011
July 22-23, 2010. Forest University (Bogota, Colombia – in Spanish).
- Contact person: Carlos Escobar, Rector and Professor of Medicine, Universidad El Bosque
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 2010. ICD Workshop – Del Mar Community College (Corpus Christi, TX).
- Contact person: Patricia Walter, Instructor Reading
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 361.698.1096
June 29, 2010. Conference of International Consortium for Educational Development (Barcelona, Spain – in English).
- Contact person: Joan Rue Domingo, Conference Chair and Professor of Education
- Email: Joan.firstname.lastname@example.org
May 17, 2010. Sierra Nevada College (Incline Village, NV).
- Contact person: Kendra Wong, Professor Business
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 916.792.5709
Nov. 30 – Dec. 1, 2009. Principia College (Elsah, IL).
- Contact person: Libby Scheiern, Teaching Excellence Center Director
- Email: Libby.Scheiern@prin.edu
- Phone: 618.374.5257
Nov. 20, 2009. Lilly Conference (Miami University, OH).
- Contact person: Milton Cox, Conference Chair
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 513.529.9266
Sept. 21-22, 2009. Morehead State University (Morehead, KY).
- Contact person: Susie Taylor, Administrative Secretary
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 606.783.9363
Sept. 4, 2009. Northern Ohio University (Ada, OH).
- Contact person: Catherine Albrecht, Dean, Getty College of Arts and Sciences
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 419.772.2130
August 17-19, 2009. University of Wisconsin – Superior.
- Contact person: Maria Cuzzo, Director, Center for Excellence and Teaching
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 715.394.8482
August 17, 2009. Lonestar College-Kingwood (Kingwood, TX).
- Contact person: Peggy Whitley, Director, Educational Services and Librarian
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 281.312.1493
August 3-5, 2009. University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Contact person: Barbara Millis, Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 210.458.7374
June 26, 2009. Brigham Young University (Provo, UT).
- Contact person: Ursula Sorensen, Associate Director, UVU Faculty Center for Teaching Excellence and Professor of Health Sciences
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 801.863.8372
May 19, 2009. Westchester Community College (Valhalla, NY).
- Contact person: Carolyn J. Christesen, Co-Director, Center for Faculty
- Email: Carolyn.Christesen@sunywcc.edu
- Phone: 914.606.6876
May 1, 2009. University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada).
- Contact person: Cameron Morrill, Associate Professor Accounting
- Email: Cameron_Morrill@UManitoba.CA
- Phone: 204.474.8435
March 24, 2009. Sinclair Community College (Dayton, OH).
- Contact person: Katherine Rowell, Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 937.512.3116
February 6-7, 2009. National University of Engineering (Lima, Peru – in Spanish).
- Contact person: Tito V. Vilchez, Registrar and Professor of Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 011-511-99864627