Background in Faculty Development
- Linda is currently Coordinator of Online Learning in the College of Extended Learning at Minnesota State University, Mankato, where she works directly with university departments, programs and faculty to
- Design, develop and market new, quality online academic and continuing education programs
- Design, develop and convert online and hybrid courses
- Linda also works with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at MSU, Mankato where she
- Facilitates learning communities in Online and Hybrid Course Design,Teaching Online, Virtual Reality
- Provides individual faculty assistance with course design and development, using technology and managing online and hybrid learning
- She continues to teach, as she has for more than 25 years, face-to-face, online and hybrid Composition/Writing courses for native and non-native speakers of English in both public and private post-secondary institutions.
- She is a consultant to business and non-profit organizations for educational solutions and innovations in online training and development.
- She was an Instructional Designer with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- She served as a Research and Development Specialist for K-12 online learning, technology integration and business training and development.
- Served as Technology Coordinator for K-12 (alternative education) Area Learning Center.
- Linda has facilitated collaborative groups and numerous presentations and workshops for academic, business, non-profit and community groups for over 20 years on topics including:
- course design and development
- teaching and training
- curriculum development
- technology integration
- new program development
- strategic planning and implementation
- personal and professional development
- She currently
- Frequently conducts, as a certified Quality Matters trainer, Applying the Quality Matters Rubric workshops for MSU, Mankato faculty;
- Co-facilitates (with Stewart Ross) a blended course design workshop at MSU, Mankato and an online course design workshop for Fink & Associates to help faculty and others design courses that utilize the L. Dee Fink principles of Integrated Course Design course design and also meet Quality Matters standards for online course design.
Other General Information
- Linda holds an M.S. in English with additional graduate work in Teaching English as a Second Language and Curriculum Development for K12 and Secondary Programs.
- She also holds a current MN Teaching License for Language Arts, Secondary Education (grades 7-12) and a lifetime instructor credential for Office Services and Related Technologies for the California Community Colleges.
- Has completed additional training through the Institute of Cultural Affairs in Group Facilitation Methods, Participatory Strategic Planning, Facilitating Conciliation, Implementation, and Tools for Creative Facilitation as well as co-active coaching courses through the Coaches Training Institute designed to help others set and complete goals and become more personally and professionally effective.